Thursday, January 11, 2007

PART 1: Who’s Playing in Your Stereo in 2007?

A new year has start but there are still good, ‘hot’, nice songs or albums from 06 that are still blasting from your speakers. That is, those songs that you have to play loud and sing along to either when you’re cruising alone or hanging out with your friends or crew. I still have Neyo’s ‘Sexy Love’ playing because that’s a ‘hot’ song right there that sends chills up my spine and makes me want to just slow wine. His performance back here in Jamaica was great! Mary J. Blige’s album is still doing well and that Ludacris collaboration with her is a great song but I think the ending is misleading. T.I’s album ‘King’ is just one ‘crazy’ album; it is one of the best albums for 2006 and one of the best I have heard in awhile. I am currently listening to track 16 which is ‘Hello featuring Governor’ because someone dedicated it to me. It is kind of like a ‘thug’ love song, one that talks about a guy missing his ex-girlfriend, reminiscing about the good times they had and why he is still calling her. This was definitely a year for new artiste and Chris Brown definitely took the prize for the best new act. His songs are great and his videos are even better. They certainly make you want to get up and dance and that song ‘Goodbye’ makes you really want to think and evaluate your relationship. Even though Mariah Carey’s album ‘Emancipation of Mimi’ was released in 2005 she still made an impact in the music world for 2006. It does not matter if her albums were 10 years old because her songs are always good and she is always playing in the stereo. I also do listen to a bit of rock and roll and Green Days and All American Rejects absolutely kept me entertained for the year and earned the privilege of being played so much in my car.

No comments: