Thursday, January 11, 2007

PART 2: Who’s Playing in Your Stereo in 07?

Young Joc, Young Jeezy and Jim Jones really ‘spit’ some hardcore, crazy, grave lyrics and if their songs were lacking anything, their videos surely made up for it. Jim Jones’ remix for ‘Ballin’ is just as great as the original. The remix features some top artistes in the hip hop game such as Diddy and Baby and younger acts like T.I, Juelz Santana and Young Dro. Game came back this year with a bang and it does not hurt that he has collaborated with one of reggae’s greatest artiste Junior Reid in his song ‘One Blood’. Not to leave out my Caribbean comrades who created quite a buzz in 06 that is, Rihanna (from Barbados) and Sean Paul (from Jamaica). Rihanna’s song ‘Unfaithful’ definitely brought me back to some memories I had when I was cheating a few years ago and I am still enjoying that song but I am behaving now. There are a few favourites that I blast on the speakers from Sean Paul’s album such as ‘Temperature’ and ‘We Be Burning’. I am not a Beyonce fan but her songs “Ring the alarm’ and ‘Irreplaceable’ are surely any man’s warning not to ‘cross’ his girlfriend. Akon’s single with Snoop Dog called ‘I wanna love you’ has this Jamaican flavour to it with the dancing and it is something you can dance to in the club. Ciara’s song ‘Promise’ definitely took over BET’s 106 & Park and I am still listening and dancing to it. Unlike her I am unavailable and the promises she sings about I already made them to someone special. Well, the last person that is playing from the car stereo is Lloyd featuring Lil Wayne in a song called ‘You’. This guy Lloyd is cute and the boy can sing it is strange that he has been in the music business since he was 11 and he is just being known to the world 10 years later. None the less that song ‘You’ is great and it is no harm that he is so handsome and Lil Weezy is looking hot too. Even though some of these songs came late in the year they still created and left an impact and imprint in the music industry. These young acts and veterans are definitely to be watched for in 2007.

No comments: